Thursday, April 25, 2013

WA Road Trip 2013

(warning text and image heavy post!)

Now that I've handed in my essay, I finally have some time to sit down and construct this post! This trip didn't come easy and like many other trips I've been on, it required a lot of time and planning. We spent countless hours on Skype just discussing accommodations, places to go and see, routes to drive, car rentals and the general itinerary. Our initial plan was to go on a 3d2n trip we eventually realised that if we wanted to fit in all our sights, we had to extend it to a 4d3n. Goodness, what a logistics nightmare it was just for that extra night. We had to re-plan, re-route and find new accommodations - but I'm so glad we did it! It was worth every single hour, researching through websites and editing our google docs. Easily one of my best weeks in Australia and I highly recommend taking the trip down south if you can! The views are absolutely spectacular and Australia is just so stunningly beautiful.

Sad to say, the road trip started off horrendously. It was one of the worst mornings I've ever had. We lugged all our luggage + food supplies down to the car rental shop only to be told that because E's card didn't have some stuff, our deposit was going to go up to a whopping 800aud!! On top of the extremely expensive car rental fees already mind you. I don't want to go into details but I was honestly so frustrated and stressed that I had a permanent frowny face throughout the morning. Thank goodness, about 2 hours later we finally managed to get the car and finally finally set off to Busselton!



This is um basically what we faced whilst driving for hours - trees and bushes (lots of em)


& then we decided to do a mini detour and stumbled upon this really long empty stretch of roads with cows!!!!!!! So cute. I just had to come out and get E to take pictures of me heh heh






I really do like tall trees - it's just something about them that's so still and majestic and um .. Tall. 









Finally we reached the town of Busselton! We were so behind schedule by then, we had to skip lunch and survive on potato chips and lots of Easter chocolate. Busselton itself was a really pretty town but sadly we didn't get the chance to explore due to the lack of time. The Busselton jetty was so so pretty and one of the longest in the southern hemisphere (2km out to sea!). We sadly didn't take the walk out and decided to just hang around the beach instead since we were really running short on time. 











Don't ask me what we're doing - I've no idea either!






One thing about Australia I'll never get sick of? Their beaches. Seems like a prerequisite for all beaches to have ultra fine and super soft white sand + crystal clear water. I can't help but to constantly gush when I see them, so so pretty!!! 

Next up: Yallingup!


1 comment: