Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Melbourne 2015

Found myself walking rather aimlessly around Melbourne city today - just taking in all the sights and sounds when I realised how much I really really do love this city. I realised that my love for it goes way beyond the physical aspects of it because Melbourne just means so much to me. It's like my own magical happy place. I feel like I'm indestructible here, like I can do anything and overcome anything and really, how much people actually have a place like that to them? Melbourne was where I got over my heartbreak, had to deal with so many issues, it's where I had some of my worst experiences ever and had to make some very difficult decisions. I don't think I've ever cried anywhere so much before. But that's exactly why I love it. Because despite everything that I had to go through here, I came out unscathed. Better even. The person I was when I moved over a year ago is so different from the person I am now and for that, I'm so thankful for Melbourne and the experiences it brought me. I realised that no one will love Melbourne the way I do and no matter how much I try to sell it or tell people how amazing it is, no one - literally, no one will understand it the way I do because no one had the same experience I did. This love for this city extends way beyond the physical - the food, city vibes, alleys, landmarks - it's my own mental, psychological and spiritual happy place. My heart and soul just feels so at peace here and it just makes me feel like as long as I'm here, everything will work out and even if things don't work out the way I want them to, everything will be okay in the end. It always is.

I love you Melbourne, you mean so so so much to me. You might be cold (physically) but oh how you warm up my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment