Monday, April 15, 2013

11th


Happy official 2 years to us! The past 2 years haven't been exactly the smoothest ride but I'm proud of where we are now - long distance and all.

The 11th of every month is kind of a special day for me but since I've moved over to Perth, truth to be told, it has somehow turned into a normal day like every other day. No more dinners out, no more special occasions, just the one text or skype session to remind us of our milestone and how far we've come. So what would've been a huge occasion turned into a normal school day for me and to be absolutely honest, I truly wasn't expecting anything! The road trip was supposed to be our 2nd year celebration in advance and to be brutally honest, I didn't get E anything (& yes I feel bad enough..) So at the last minute, I decided to cook a nice dinner for us but once again E just HAD to spoil the market and give me a present. A kindle!!! I'll be upfront and tell you that I'm pretty direct when telling E what I want as a present because I always think it's better that you be clear about what you want and don't want so that the other party won't have to spend unnecessary amounts of money on something that you just feel 'meh' about. So while suggesting some possible Christmas presents last year, the kindle was on that list but it was something I just casually mentioned and passed over so I never thought that he'd remember!

So anyway, eventually the road trip came to an end, I sent E back to SG and the 11th rolled around the corner. We wished each other at 12mn (whilst I was playing bridge in the kitchen with my pjs on) and continued the day like any other. Around noon, I was back in hall after several classes and was about to leave for grocery shopping with a few friends when I received a call from the hall's office asking me to collect my parcel urgently. The thing is, I wasn't expecting any parcel at all and while walking to the office, I keep wondering to myself "Omg did I accidentally check out a shopping cart online?!?!"





So my 'parcel' turned out to be this giant bouquet of flowers and I vividly remembered carrying them out of the office still in shock and bewilderment - I honestly could not understand why I got them. Walked over to my friend's car STILL confused and shocked and it was only when they asked me what was the occasion that everything kind of clicked together. I know - I'm really slow.




But wow, first big surprise ever! I'd like to think that I have a knack for figuring all the surprises out, I always kind of have a small inkling about what it'd roughly be and stuff but this truly truly blew me away. Huge thanks to all my friends who were roped in to pull this surprise off by changing our group meeting times and (semi) lying about having errands to run. Thank you all so so so much for entertaining Eden and helping him check out on stuff about the flowers and such (special thanks to Rachel for listening to his genius 'poem' that must've been hard to sit through hahahhahaha) & of course thanks to the man behind this all - I'm so so so lucky and blessed to have you all in my life.




So these are the daisies after I re-arranged and cut all the stalks to fit my new jug/vase! Aren't they pretty

(Sorry it's so wordy - I just wanna write everything down so I can look back one day and attempt to recall all the details)

2 comments:

  1. Aww your entry really made me smile! We were really glad to make your anniversary as memorable as possible ^^ Glad that you were wholly surprised!! <3 Love you Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get only with what you are expecting to give — which is everything.” - Katharine Hepburn\

    “Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it.” - Thomas Fuller

    “Absence diminishes mediocre passions and increases great ones, as the wind extinguishes candles and fans fires.” - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

    Just some quotes I came across that I thought was applicable to you my dear!

    ReplyDelete